Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hats!

Theme for Wednesday, October 8: Hats!

Opening: Open, Shut Them

Book: Who Took Farmer's Hat? by Joan L. Nodset


Fingerplay: My Hat Has Three Corners; From Anne's Library Life

My hat has three corners (Join thumbs and index fingers to form triangle and place on top of head)
Three corners has my hat (Raise three fingers)
If it did not have three corners (Raise three fingers and shake head)
It would not be my hat. (Join thumbs and index fingers to form triangle and place on top of head)

Transition Song: Touch Your Ears and Touch Your Nose

Touch your ears and touch your nose
Now bend down and touch your toes
Wiggle your fingers and turn around
Now bend down and touch the ground
Clap your hands, count one, two, three
Now sit down so quietly.

Book: A Hat for Minerva Louise by Janet Morgan Stoeke


Flannel Board Activity: Find Cat in the Hat's Hat (I'm not sure where I saw this originally).

The cat in the hat is looking for his hat!  We went searching for it, and look what we found first!


A king's hat!  But, that's not that cat's hat.  What else do we have?


A party hat!  But that's not it either...


A ski hat?  Nope!


And finally, the cat in the hat has found his hat!

We went through about eight different hats, and after each one, I asked the kids who's hat I'd found instead.  Usually, I do this flannel board during the holidays with Santa, but I thought it would be a fun one for our 'hats' storytime this week!

Flannel Board Game: Kitty cat, kitty cat, are you in the baseball hat? From Miss Mary Liberry


I made a couple different kinds of hats and hid a cat under one of them.  Can you guess where the cat is hiding?  



Under the top hat! 

Book: Twelve Hats for Lena by Karen Katz


Song: Silly Dance Contest from Jim Gill Sings the Sneezing Songs and Other Contagious Tunes

Craft: Witch! From I Heart Crafty Things

Since it's October, I thought it would be fun to make a witch with a hat!


We colored our witches and glued on the hair, googly eyes and hat!  

No comments:

Post a Comment