Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Body

Theme for Wednesday, September 24: My Body

Opening: Open, Shut Them

Book: I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen Beaumont


Movement Song: Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes

Transition Song: Touch Your Ears and Touch Your Nose

Book: The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle


Activity: Body Parts! From Storytime Katie


I printed out the outline of a person and had the kids help me match up the body parts on the cards to the body parts on the person.  Next time, I'm definitely going to make the person bigger!

Flannel Board: Go Away, Big Green Monster; From Storytiming 
Based on the book Go Away, Big Green Monster! by Ed Emberley


I love this flannel board, and it was so much fun to do with the kids!

Book: Piggies by Don and Audrey Wood



Song: Hokey Pokey; From Miss Sarah's Storytimes

You put your right food in, you put your right foot out
You put your right foot in, and you shake it all about.
You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around
That's what it's all about!

More verses:

You put your left foot in...
You put your right hand in...
You put your left hand in...
You put your head in...
You put your bottom in...
You put your whole self in...

Craft: Mr. Potato Head



I traced a Mr. Potato Head onto a piece of brown paper and then printed out Mr. Potato Head body parts for the kids to glue on.  Then they colored and decorated their Mr. or Mrs. Potato Heads!


No comments:

Post a Comment