Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Dinosaurs

Theme for Wednesday, August 20: Dinosaurs!

Opening: Open, Shut Them

Book: How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? by Jane Yolen

Action Rhyme: STOMP, STOMP, STOMP From Hummingbird Educational Resources

The first big dinosaur went stomp, stomp, stomp
I said to the first dinosaur, "Stop, stop, stop!"
The second big dinosaur went run, run, run
I said to the second dinosaur, "Fun, fun, fun!"
The third big dinosaur went thump, thump, thump
I said to the third dinosaur, "Jump, jump, jump!"
The fourth big dinosaur went whack, whack, whack
I said to the fourth dinosaur, "You stay back!"
The fifth big dinosaur went creep, creep, creep
I said to the fifth dinosaur, "It's time to sleep."

Transition Rhyme: Touch your ears and touch your nose

Touch your ears and touch your nose
Now bend down and touch your toes
Wiggle your fingers and turn around
Now bend down and touch the ground
Clap your hands, count 1, 2, 3
Now sit down so quietly

Book: Dinosaur vs. Bedtime by Bob Shea

Flannel Board: Five Huge Dinosaurs; From In the Children's Room

Five huge dinosaurs, fierce and mean.
The first one said, "I eat things that are green."
The second one said, "I hatched from an egg."
The third one said, "I have really strong legs."
The fourth one said, "I fly through the air."
The fifth one said, "I give everyone a scare!"
Then THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, along came a T-rex that day
And five fierce dinosaurs ran away!

Action Rhyme: Dinosaurs From YLPL

Dinosaurs lived long ago.
Some walked (stomp in place)
Some swam (pretend to swim)
Some flew, you know (flap arms at sides)
Some were big (reach up high)
Some were small (hold hands low)
Some were gigantic (stretch arms out wide)
V-e-r-y tall! (stretch arms up high)

Book: Dini Dinosaur by Karen Beaumont

Song: We are the dinosaurs from Laurie Berkner's Whaddaya Think of That?

Craft: Dinosaurs!


I cut out a dinosaur and the kids colored it in and glued on different colored spikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment